Friday 23 April 2010

Introducing the Style Council





As Robert Elms' four-fer for today is the Style Council, it seems fitting to post a short word about them. I have loved the Style Council since I was a teenager and at one point had every release bar a few Japanese only imports on vinyl, when they got lost & borrowed never to be returned I had them all on CD, they of course have now all been converted to MP3.

However, what I really loved about them was their look, well their early look up until Our Favourite Shop, when it all went a bit wrong. I love the British take on continental cool in these early days; and although it doesn't really work on Kilburn High Road - its the type of outfit that if you wore on holiday, they might serve you in the shop in the local language.

No comments:

Post a Comment