Wednesday 7 July 2010

Steve McQueen & Prefab Sprout


I can remember never really being sure about Prefab Sprout, I think it's because they were on a live recording of the ITV programme Get Fresh with Gaz Top I went to see; and it left me with a feeling that they must be a bit naff.

As time went by, and if you can remember Get Fresh, that will give you an indication how long ago we are talking. I revisited them and fell in love with them properly, through their Best Of album. Which is of course fantastic in it's own right, but when you consider that 5 or so of the tracks came straight off Steve McQueen and that 'Bonny' is not even on the Best Of, that's when the mark of how fine this album really is.

It is also a neat fit, that I have recently begun a small Steve McQueen style obsession: Persol, chambray, Sanders Chukka boots, baracuta etc etc. When I next pass through Duty Free, I'm picking up a bottle of Eau D'Sauvage as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment