Thursday 12 August 2010

August



I'm not really a big fan of August, I really feel like I should wear a jumper and indeed I want to wear one having had 3 months without a top layer, but it's still a bit too hot, and would definitely cause tube meltdown. Still only a few more weeks to go and then I can start feeling autumn. That said I do like a late summer early morning.

I've just got back from the Big Chill, first time I've been and wished I'd been there sooner. There was some pretty heavy handed security and a generally heavilly policed event even if via a private security firm, so I think it's changed since the earlier days. I spent most of the time in my camper van, although I did see Tom Middleton who played a really good afternoon set and Norman Jay was as reliable as ever, I am looking forward to popping down to South Row to see him at Carnival for a few hours at the end of the month.

I haven't bought any new clobber, my preppy/understated/casual thing is still the thing and actually befitting of my age and weight. I have a list, which I will start knocking off soon.

I did buy an amazing pair of Chukka boots from Blackmans on Brick Lane, but caught the heel on the 452 and have properly gashed it - distraught for a while.

I've added the Wenlock Arms, the Windsor Castle and the Prince Albert to my Field Notes list of approved boozers; and have become addicted to Mad Men and Band of Horses. I also watched the Company DVD boxset in an afternoon.

I continue to frequent the Lowlander in Covent Garden and will do more when I need to get Gezellicht.

No comments:

Post a Comment